Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Squirrel Inn - Hurtmore, Surrey

So another day, another pub!! This time it was The Squirrel Inn, Hurtmore, Surrey.

Just off the A3 near Milford, this pub is lovely and full of character.

Looks fairly small as you drive in and walk to the bar but step into the restaurant area and it's a bit like a tardis, just opens up and is huge! There's a lovely seating area outside, both right at the front and around the back.

We sat inside and as it was a Monday lunch, it was fairly quiet.  A good menu with plenty to choose from and also a few fish specials that I was advised change daily.

I fancied something really filling and chose the battered haddock with chips and minted mashed peas and my colleague had a salmon fillet on a bed of stir fried vegetables. 

The service was excellent - all drinks and food taken at the table.  Friendly, quick and professional.  The food arrived in about 10 minutes and was really well presented - my plate was loaded with a large piece of fish and some lovely chips!

We worked our way through the food and decided that as full as we were, we were going to treat ourselves to a pudding - obviously I chose sticky toffee pudding which I think I'm addicted to, and my companion chose iced-cream.

Well, my pud was one of the best pub stick toffees I'd ever had, gooey, heavy, surrounded with toffee sauce and iced cream and just perfect. Whether or not they make it on site I don't know, but even if they don't, they've found the ideal supplier and I would have that over and and over.

Overall, I would definitely go back to eat.  Highly recommended.

www.thesquirrel-hurtmore.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment