Tuesday 7 May 2013

The Spotted Cow Pub, Angmering, West Sussex

So what a lovely weekend weather wise!!

A little trip to Angmering in West Sussex, found us at the Spotted Cow pub for lunch with family.

We arrived about 1.30pm which was just enough time to get a drink, sit and peruse the menu before ordering.  The pub from first impression is a bit grotty.  It's nothing special but was very welcoming and seems to be quite large inside. I didn't get to have a good look around as we were with an elderly relative so sat fairly close to the door, but there were plenty of people there, families, couples and groups of friends.

The menu had some good choices and the chap behind the bar said he'd come to our table to take our order which was nice.

I chose a goats cheese and beetroot salad and asked if it was possible to get some chicken added and was very pleased when they said they could.  Some pubs are very rigid and stick solely to what's on the menu, so this was a good surprise.  Hubby had a pie with chips and veg and there was also a fish and chips ordered.

Food arrived after about 10 minutes and my salad was great. Very well presented in a huge bowl with lots of cheese and chicken. The pie also looked very nice and I'm told was tasty too. The fish and chips was pretty standard but went down well.

Price wise, I thought it was at the upper end of what a pub should charge for fairly standard fair (on average our mains were £11-£12 each) but I'm beginning to realise that this is fairly standard these days.  If anyone knows anywhere I can get a great pub meal for under a tenner, I'd be very happy to hear from you!!

The service was excellent, friendly and chatty yet unobtrusive. 

Would I go back? Yes, if I was in the area but I wouldn't chose it as a destination to make a special visit to.

The Spotted Cow, Angmering

No comments:

Post a Comment