Thursday 17 April 2014

The Halfway Bridge, between Petworth and Midhurst

It's been a while since I've written up anything here but I have definitely been out and about sampling all sorts of goodies in and around Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex.

I've got two for you today, first post is going to be about The Halfway Bridge inbetween Midhurst and Petworth.

I popped in here the other day for a quick lunch with hubby and border terrier, Poppy.  As it was a lovely day and we'd just had a massive walk, we thought we'd take advantage of sitting outside.  There's plenty of parking here, either right out the front or round the back. 

A lovely little garden sits at the front and there's a smaller, more intimate courtyard round the back. 

The menu is nice, a good choice for lunch but not so much that it'll leave you feeling bewildered.  My husband had had the open smoked salmon sandwich once before and left feeling a bit hard done by portion wise so this time we both opted for the lamb burger.  Makes a nice change from the normal beef burger and we're both huge fans of homemade burgers as they can vary so much from place to place.

So, after we were bought out some complimentary olives and good, strong napkins (not paper I might add), our burgers arrived.

Well, they were huge!! Arranged on a wooden platter with a wire basket of hand cut chips, it looked delicious.   And it was! Juicy, very lamby and the bun was to die for.  I ended up having to eat mine with a knife and fork (I am a lady you know!) due to the thickness of it, while hubby dislocated his jaw to eat his!

By the end of it, we were both absolutely stuffed for want of a better description.  Due to the fact it's lamb, we both found it quite rich and certainly wouldn't have wanted any more - of anything.

I like the Halfway Bridge, it's staff are very friendly, it's a nice atmosphere and not too far from home.  I do find it a little pricey though but I guess it's on par for a 5* hotel / bed and breakfast with a gastro pub on site.

All in, I'd recommend it for lunch and as somewhere nice to spend an evening as a couple or with friends if you're not too budget conscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment